Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Once Upon A Sketch....challenge #1

I tried to follow the sketch, I have used it vertically instead of horizontally, and the other part of the challenge was that the journalling had to be hand written.


This was a great challenge for me..........I rarely if ever journal on my pages, not sure why,maybe because I  am so involved with the art/design process, and I know the story so well in my head, I don't feel anything needs to be written: but of course it does, it's so important for the future. "Expression" can take on many forms, and when you have images as well as words, the story is much more complete. Enough of my psycho-analysing guff........This is quite a simple page for me. I have used minimal elements,and minimal colour : I loved this photo, deliberately washed out, the pastel colours and the black. Once Upon A Sketch is a new challenge site; its simple, has a great DT, its different and it has made me think more about what makes up a "meaningful" scrapbook page, so thanks girls.

19 comments:

  1. Hey sweet thing
    This is just gorgeous! Love every element!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't express enough how much I like this!
    Voting is going to be impossible...Just when I have a few faves picked out, something like THIS comes along and bam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! Awesome Lo and love your style!! Fabulous take on the sketch and fantastic journalling! It is great to challenge ourselves with that... I also struggle with journalling:) Thanks also for your lovely comments on Once Upon.....
    Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there chickie babe !!!!!!!this is just sensational.... love love love it !!!!.... thanks for playing along ..I have just posted my KIU page ... lovin' these challenges ...hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely beautiful I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful LO Gayle.. fabulous details and gorgeous photo!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very funky page - thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! this is amazing! love your take on the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, brilliant job! Love the hand/rose paper.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this is fantastic, love that photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This page is fabulous.. You are so talented.. I just love your LO..

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really gorgeous. You put so much of yourself in it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! Thanks for joining us at Once Upon A...Sketch. This is great take on the sketch..!THis is so beautiful. I LOVE how you say its 'simple'for you..because its still absolutely stunning. Really like your style ...that photo does look good too! Thanks for your kind words :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic!! And...your calligraphy is magic! WOW! Thanks to play with us! Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Staning!!! Very beautiful!I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is just so beautiful, thanks for sharing your lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Gayle!

    I saw your comment on Art in Red Wagons and had to stop by and say hello! You are the first person I've ever "met" that spells their name the same as I do!

    I like your page very much. It is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving your comment....always read and much appreciated.