Monday, January 21, 2013

A Peek at Paris

For the month of December last year I was in Europe. The first week was in Paris and what a dynamic, beautiful city it is. I took lots and lots of photos while I was away and will share a few from time to time. I'm aware that looking at other peoples holiday "snaps" is not always that interesting, so I hope you'll indulge me. :)
I loved Paris for many reasons, but one was the fact that there was a cafe or bar on every corner.




While having our first cafe breakfast in Paris, the couple next to us had finished, paid and left.......this gentleman took the table next to where they had been and proceeded to help himself to their left overs; baguette, butter and jam. Love it...waste not, want not. 

Thanks for dropping by. Hope your week's a good one.

post signature

10 comments:

  1. Oh Gayle keep these photos coming, I so love, love , love love Paris. I hope to go for my 50th Birthday year (in a few years), so loving the cafe photos and all the architecture and buildings. Fancy that man eating the leftovers! Not my cup of tea to do that!! :) Your photos are so amazing too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fabulous pics. They look like postcards.....and no, I don't think I could finish off another's plate....lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love looking at holiday photos, my DD was overseas for 6 months in 2011, and she went to Paris.. so I do enjoy seeing the photos and imagining her to be there too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gayle,

    Thanks for sharing your vacay photos with us. They are lovely indeed...what a funny man! I will probably do the same thing if the left overs are macaroons. Those things you don't waste that will be a sin.

    Glad to see that you had a great time..

    ReplyDelete
  5. sigh Paris! We found food so expensive there.Wish I had thought of that.LOL
    Your photos are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look great. And I LOVE your editing. I would love to see more of your photos of Paris.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photos! WOuld you mind me taking the top one and adding it to my collection? I never managed to get a good cafe one as it rained a lot when we were there. Poor man...Paris was sooooooo expensive we found (bearing in mind that our currency is pathetic like all African currencies) he was obviously starving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahem - excuse me - Gayle - I just have to say - your photos are not the average tourist snapshots! I hope you show many many more! In just these two photos you have told a complete story - in color and in black and white. You are a gifted and talented artist! .... I love the gent with the leftover baguette - only in paris could that be done with such style and panache!

    ReplyDelete
  9. fantastic! I love that black and white shot especially. Don't you just love Paris? doesn't a coissant taste just absolutely amazing there?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yup! chiming in with Kim Andersen about the gentleman, it happens in Italy too. Very ordinary and never embarrasing either. Absolutely adore your photos, you are a true artist with your camera too! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving your comment....always read and much appreciated.