Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Stamps and Flowers................Finnabair Creative Team and Prima

Stamps and flowers...........I love to use both in my work, so when Prima suggested a post using Finn's stamps and their flowers I was in. I need to explain tho that 3D type flowers are not really my thing. I have so much admiration for artists and scrapbookers out there who seem to be able to effortlessly arrange a multitude of amazing flowers on one page.....combine them beautifully with their photos, images and other embellishments. I love 2D flowers; drawn, painted, stamped, collaged or stencilled.
Prima make beautiful floral patterned paper, so my flowers are collaged.
I also love working in art journals and lumpy 3D flowers are not really suitable for this format.
I've used stamps from Finnabair's Tea On The Deck Set. I love the beautiful little tea cup and plate.

The images were stamped with permanent ink and then painted with water colours, cut out and arranged on my page.
 The background was misted with distress stains and a couple of the Prima "Frilly Lace" doilies stamped and embossed. Tea cups and doilies always go together. Pretty paper flowers from Prima's Romance Novel Range, and the lady sipping tea is an image transfer.
All stamps and mixed media used in this project can be purchased HERE from Mixed Media Place Store
Thanks for visiting today ! May none of your days be "bad" this week; but if they are , you know what to do.
post signature

7 comments:

  1. Ooo I love this! Love the cups and saucers! Love the warm feel, and yes I do love a good cuppa anytime! Lady grey is my tea of choice at the moment, it is so refreshing! With my next cuppa I will think of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work! Love the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful! A Work of Art!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gayle - so very gorgeous - layout and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my first visit to your lovely blog - it will not be my last. You are so inspiring with your art, can't wait to see what you do next.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely enticing colors and patterns, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your stamps and flowers pages are wonderful Gayle. I am soooooo sooooo happy to hear someone else say that they are more into 2D flowers than 3D ones - yeah... I have a buddy!!! I am the exact same way. You did a fabulous job of making this everything I think of when teacups are around.... flowers, doilies, china and girls!! This is really really special. j.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving your comment....always read and much appreciated.